Things I learnt from lowering my standards to accommodate the needs of others.
1. If you lower your standards… people will hate you for that. Especially the ones who asked for it in the first place.
2. At first they may say: “thank you so much!”, they may tell you how generous you are, a “real goddess, living from her heart”.
4. Because lowering your standards is NOT a product of love.
5. You only lower your standards when you don’t love yourself enough to believe in your own power.
6. And – therefore – you don’t believe in the power of people around you.
7. If you don’t believe in the power of your client you SHOULD NOT be working with them at all.
This is what I learnt from being “accepting” of lack of presence and commitment from a man who was “going through a lot”.
This is what I learnt from giving discounts and accepting work exchanges as part of payment for my Work.
This is what I learnt from giving my time and energy to people and projects that didn’t fully align with my values.
This is what I learnt from thinking it was kind to borrow money for a flight ticket for someone who really *needed* to come to my retreat but really couldn’t afford it…
This is what I learnt from letting people spread their payments “until they are ready”…
This is what I learnt from feeling guilty hearing people say that “spirituality does not charge”.
This is what I learnt from giving free mentoring to someone who “really needed it”.
It’s rare that I get any of these types of requests these days, because I am more clear about my power than ever before. And Life reflects it back to me.
People mistake clarity with disconnect from the values of the heart, such as kindness and compassion.
In reality, clarity is clarity. When you know who you are and where you are going in Life… it is your responsibility to hold yourself and all aspects of your Life in clarity.
In fact being clear and honouring your Word IS an act of Love.
Because Love is not short sighted.
An immediate “fix” has far less significance than the evolution that takes place over Lifetimes.
And when you create and hold your standards based on the true direction of the evolution of your Soul… we are finally speaking about Love.
So if someone is not available to meet me on the level where I want to be met – be it in presence or financially – it’s not a problem at all.
We are just not meant for each other, yet.
It’s really that simple.
Get your free ebook
Sundari Love Practices
5 Simple Tools To Deepen Intimacy